I CAN'T COMPILE LIBCUTIL.SO

Hello my name is Peter, and i’m trying to install everything i need to program the NVIDIA target,
i have instaled , the driver, the toolkig and the SDK. compiler nvcc runs and the enviroment variables PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are correct.
however, when i try to compile (make ) the examples from the SDK, or just the libcutil.so (in the common folder) this is the error i always get

make[1]: se ingresa al directorio /home/pedro/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/common' In file included from src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:33: ./../common/inc/cmd_arg_reader.h: In member function ‘const T* CmdArgReader::getArgHelper(const std::string&)’: ./../common/inc/cmd_arg_reader.h:417: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid ./../common/inc/cmd_arg_reader.h:433: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp: In destructor ‘CmdArgReader::~CmdArgReader()’: src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:101: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:106: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:111: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:116: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid src/cmd_arg_reader.cpp:121: error: must #include <typeinfo> before using typeid make[1]: *** [obj/release/cmd_arg_reader.cpp_o] Error 1 make[1]: se sale del directorio /home/pedro/NVIDIA_CUDA_SDK/common’
make: *** [lib/libcutil.so] Error 2

i don’t know what can i do. Any suggestion?

thanks

Which Linux distribution are you using?
Which version of CUDA did you install?

I think that’s the error from using gcc 4.3, which is unsupported in current versions of CUDA.

Thanks,

i’m using OpenSuse 11 and CUDA vers.2.0

yes. i’m using gcc 4.3-39.1 and mi NVIDIA is GeForce 8600M GT.

which gcc should i use?

thank you very much

gcc-3.4 works fine here.

OpenSUSE 11.0 is a CUDA_2.1 supported distro. As you’re finding, using OpenSUSE-11.0 with CUDA_2.0 will result in much pain & frustration. See here for what is supported:
[url=“CUDA Toolkit 11.7 Update 1 Downloads | NVIDIA Developer”]http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_get.html[/url]

THANKS A LOT . External Image the solutions passed by install CUDA2.1

Thank you very much :rolleyes: :ph34r: