I have issue with Omniverse launcher... i have intel is this problem?

Hi how are you all doing? and happy New Year 2022, as it is swiftly approaching!

I have two computers in front of me in tears, I’m having issue getting omniverse launcher to work. I have

the first computer has:
Intel(R) Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
8 gb RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
os build 19042.1415

The problem I’m having trying to download iclone7 and smart gallery : -

Error message reads failed to install iclone 7, installed canceled…the related app smart gallery pluging will stop also.

The memory spiked so i cancelled programs running and increase virtual memory to 10000 mb minimum and approx 50000 mb, and i keep getting error message.

besides this im have issue with Omniverse launcher. it is at stand still at login screen. I see “Required driver for Omniverse compatibility” at bottom left. When i clicked it i went to NVIDIA updates. I don’t know what to do as i have I5 intel processor, and don’t see any option for intel.

What can i do to pass this Hump :(

My 1st question for community… is Omniverse the main platform for uploading our virtual contents once created, so the end users can log on. Once logged on will the avatars just populate and occupy the space we make? what determine the amount out people browsing around at same time?

I had accident and i am now unable to continue my construction company. I was really into web design, little coding, and graphics, when I was younger, I have been using chief architect, and Cad software’s for years now. Funny enough i had so much fun doing designs I would love to design homes, do 3d walk thru for clients and wished i could build a virtual world from then. Since this is new and innovative i would like to be involved.

Since I can’t walk physically i may enjoy this new Omniverse/Metaverse. I am excited to test the first file i made to see how it works. I have no clue how that is going to work but I’m optimistic i will have fun learning this.

If Anyone here is advanced, and wouldn’t mind helping an anxious learner, please message me, or email me frontdesk.fmi at gmail. I will be really grateful, and never know maybe we work together once i get my skills to par.

Thank you,
Frank

Thank you!

Hi Frank, thank you for the good wishes for letting us know about your first steps into the Omniverse! We are sorry for the computer’s tears, but I think I can understand why. The requirements for various Omniverse applications are here (as you can see, Intel i7 Gen 5 / AMD Ryzen is required for Omniverse Create): https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/plat_omniverse/plat_omniverse/technical.html

Your question for the community is a great one! Omniverse is an open development platform focused on real-time simulation and collaboration, allowing you to use many of the tools you already use and collaborate with yourself or others!

Here are a couple of articles from the press you may enjoy:

I apologize for the confusion about the driver compatibility message at the bottom left…we need to make this clearer, but it is displayed for all users and is not specifically directed at your setup.

If you want to learn more, the “Learn” tab in the Omniverse launcher can be used to access the top Playlist which covers the basics (also available here: Playlist | TYPE - Omniverse Basics | NVIDIA On-Demand).

Also, we have an iClone overview here: Overview of the Reallusion iClone Connector with Omniverse - YouTube

iClone video playlist: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/on-demand/playlist/playList-b22bacb1-846b-4378-be9b-2af8eef3962e/

You are also welcome to come chat with other users on our official Discord server: NVIDIA Omniverse

Please feel free to reach out to me via PM if I can help with anything!

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

I have also noticed the omniverse launcher will seldomly maintain 100% CPU usage for 2 cores during idle. version 1.4.0, OS: ubuntu 18.04, CPU:I7-9700K, RAM:32GB

Hello @user139627. Can you send us a copy of your launcher logs? You can find them here: C:\Users<USERNAME>.nvidia-omniverse\logs\launcher