I have some confusions, DTB A00-base.dtb VS C03-base.dtb

Guys, pls clarify my confusions as:

1: DTB file: tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dtb is supposed to be default DTB file to be uploaded to TX2 as boot file. However, when I perform “flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1”, post shows another file “tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb” is uploaded to TX2. I compared the two files found lots of differences, a00 seems to has more info, also totally different addresses for most of the variables. So which one is exactly the DTB file TX2 expects?

2: After modifying something like power tree, the DTB/kernel should be re-compiled. But how? I saw lots of people discussed it but didn’t see an official method? Jetsonhacks has very easy TX2 building kernel article but it doesn’t seem to be work on power tree?

hello kaosun,

1. you could check the “DTS File Name” from the kernel message to confirm which device tree you’re using.
$ dmesg | grep "DTS File Name"
  1. please download the [Release 28.2 Development Guide] in the release documentation, and refer to [Kernel Customization]-> [Building the NVIDIA Kernel] for building the kernel. thanks

My TX2 is using C03 as default DTB file, quite different with other people with “A00”.

I spent quite a lot time to figure out which file on earth you’re talking about.

The answer is: “L4T Documentation R28.2”, actually downloaded another file “Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide”. It’s consisted by quite a few web pages and finally I found the chapters you mentioned! THX!