I install JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run in TX2,but failed

error:CUDA cannot be installed on device.This may be caused by other apt-get command running on device when installing CUDA.Please use apt-get command in a terminal to make sure following packages are installed correctly on device before continueing:
cuda-toolkit-8-0 libgomp1 libfreeimage-dev libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin
After these packages are installed on device, press Enter key to continue

Anyone else had this problem? Any known solution? thanks!!!

Was this message about install to host, or install to Jetson? If host, what kind of video card does it have? What version of Linux on the host (should be Ubuntu 14.04…possibly 16.04)?

Thank you for the answer,when I was install to Jetson TX2. host is Ubuntu 14.04

JetPack only runs on a desktop PC host with Ubuntu…the software it installs can go to host or Jetson. So it sounds like JetPack was running on a desktop host and installing to the Jetson…is that correct? If so, was the Jetson flashed before attempting the software install? I’m thinking that if JetPack is trying to install packages which are newer than the base Jetson operating system it may require flash prior to package install succeeding. If JetPack runs directly on a Jetson, then this will always fail.

Thank you very much ! what should I do flash the Jetson ?

If you want software from the latest JetPack, then you should flash it as part of the install (or before extra software install…you can flash and install software separately, it doesn’t have to be at the same time…but an old system is likely incompatible with newer packages).

yes.occur this quetion when I want intall Jactpack through host to Jetson TX2!

Flash would be needed to keep the version of software loaded from JetPack on par with the version of L4T the software is intended to run on…version matching.