I need to compile the kernel and flash to the Xavier with the16 FPD-Link III. Can't find flash.h

Hi,
I’m following the README.md in d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/doc.
I want to be able to compile the kernel and flash it to the unit.
While running the command:

./configure --with-system-type=xavier --with-dtb=‘build/deploy/boot/d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb’ --with-l4t=‘/home/michele/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS’

I received the following error:

checking for /home/michele/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/flash.sh… no
configure: WARNING: flash.sh not found — signing and syncing may not work

Here’s the configuration shown at the end of the configure command:

-D3 Configuration-
Customer : d3
Version : 5.0.0
System Type : xavier
Target Host : 192.168.55.1
DTB File : /home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/build/deploy/boot/d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb
L4T Directory : /home/michele/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS
Linux Version : 4.9.253
Username on tgt :

How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Mechi

And while compiling the kerel with

make -j12

I received the following error:

/home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/l4t-submodules/kernel/nvidia/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtl8812au/hal/rtl8812a/usb/rtl8812au_xmit.c: In function ‘upload_txpktbuf_8812au’:
/home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/l4t-submodules/kernel/nvidia/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtl8812au/hal/rtl8812a/usb/rtl8812au_xmit.c:433:61: error: bitwise comparison always evaluates to false [-Werror=tautological-compare]
433 | while ((rtw_read32(adapter, REG_PKTBUF_DBG_CTRL) & BIT23) == 1) {

After I fixed it to be

((rtw_read32(adapter, REG_PKTBUF_DBG_CTRL) & BIT23) != 0)

The compiler continued and I received the following warning:

WARNING: could not open drivers/misc/mods/mods.dtb.S: No such file or directory

and finally - at the end, I received the following error:

SIGN /home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/build/kernel/arch/arm64/boot/dts//d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb
/bin/bash: line 1: /home/michele/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/bootloader/tegraflash.py: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Makefile:973: /home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/build/deploy/boot/d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink_sigheader.dtb.encrypt] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0’
make: *** [Makefile:910: deploy] Error 2

Please advise how to fix this?
Thanks,
Mechi

I didn’t give the correct path for the configure command
It should have been:

./configure --with-system-type=xavier --with-dtb=‘build/deploy/boot/d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb’ --with-l4t=‘/home/michele/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra

Now I’m getting an error when compiling:

make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0’
make[1]: *** No rule to make target ‘/home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0/build/deploy/boot/d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb’’, needed by ‘sign-dtb’. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/michele/work/d3-jetson-bsp-D3-RELEASE-5.0.0’
make: *** [Makefile:910: deploy] Error 2

How can this be fixed?

I decided to ignore this error since the file d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb exists in build/kernel/arch/arm64/boot/dts/d3-xavier-16x-fpdlink.dtb with the correct time stamp.

I’m trying to follow the README.md that came with this release.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mechi

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.