I was unable to compile and install Mxnet1.5 with tensorrt on the jetson nano,Is there someone have compile it, please help me. Thank you.

I’m trying to build the MXNet package for JetPack 4.4, but lack for a deb file:

I’m just shocked at how hard (impossible) it is to install mxnet for python3 on the nvidia jetson nano.
I’ve spent all week trying to do this and am super frustrated. Is it really this hard?
I’ve stopped trying to compile now and am installing from the wheel using: sudo pip3 install mxnet-1.6.0-py3-none-any.whl
However import cv fails with:
OSError: libcudart.so.10.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
nvcc --version shows I have cuda release 10.2

So it seems I either:

1. Find a wheel for mxnet for cuda10.2 - but I can’t find one
  2. Compile myself - but I’ve failed so many times. Where is a decent walk through for python3?
  3. Downgrade to cuda10.0 - how do I do that?

Is it really this hard? I don’t want to speak badly of the Jetson Nano but i’ve heard of others switching to Intel boards to get over issues exactly like this. I really don’t want to have to switch.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I can’t handle the constant failures much longer

Hi,i met the same problem about OSError: libcudart.so.10.0 and i use this method to solve that:
Copy libmxnet.so from /usr/local/mxnet/ to /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/mxnet/.
You can try this method.

Hi @Easit_Mickly,
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the error hasn’t changed.
Did you need to do anything else?
When you run nvcc --version do you see release 10.2?

Emm, it’s long time ago, i forget the detail. Or you can try to make a link to libmxnet.so in /usr/local/mxnet/.@ djenny

Hi,

We have a prebuilt MXNet package for MXNet now.

Install the prebuilt MXNet package directly:

$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AastaNV/JEP/master/MXNET/autoinstall_mxnet.sh
$ sudo chmod +x autoinstall_mxnet.sh
$ ./autoinstall_mxnet.sh <Nano/TX1/TX2/Xavier>

If you want to build it from source, please check this script:

$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AastaNV/JEP/master/MXNET/autobuild_mxnet.sh
$ sudo chmod +x autobuild_mxnet.sh
$ ./autobuild_mxnet.sh <Nano/TX1/TX2/Xavier>

Thanks.

4 Likes

Is this a official package - if yes, maybe it is worth an announcement?

These scripts work. However when I try to use resnet50 instead of resnet18 in the TensorRT example, I got error messages:

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/io/coded_stream.cc:207] A protocol message was rejected because it was too big (more than 67108864 bytes). To increase the limit (or to disable these warnings), see CodedInputStream::SetTotalBytesLimit() in google/protobuf/io/coded_stream.h.

Any suggestion about the protobuf size limitation issue?

thank you

Which Jetson platform did you test? It works for me on Jetson Xavier for resnet50_v1 model.

I am using Jetson Xzvier NX. The problem was solved by building and installing a newer protobuf (>3.2).

I would suggest someone will check these scripts from a clean sd card jetpack 4.4 installation. I had heaps of problems, unfortunately I did not document everything. Some things that I remember:

1. “sudo make install” does not work, as the exports are not recognised. should be broken into “make && sudo make install”
  2. There is a spelling mistake in the include path in line 112 in the build script. inlude should be include.
  3. I had some problems with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH and PATH not including cuda directories. I guess this is a problem only on a clean install but prehaps you should check it

Thanks,
Moshe

When following this instruction (line-by-line instead of just simply run the script), I got stuck at line #70

cmake  -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-I/usr/local/cuda/targets/aarch64-linux/include -DONNX_NAMESPACE=onnx2trt_onnx -DGPU_ARCHS="$gpu_arch" .. && \

where an error occur:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:21 (cmake_minimum_required):
CMake 3.13 or higher is required. You are running version 3.10.2
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Tried to install cmake (& its dependencies - arm64 deb version) manually but failed. apt refuse to install them because their dep (themselves!!!) does not meet requirement.
Can you support me with this?

My system & setup:
HW: Jetson Nano B01
Jetpack: 4.4.1

Hi nhp12345,

Please help to open a new topic for your issue. Thanks

1 Like

Hi kayccc,

thanks for your support! I’ve solved it already.

Hi,

Tried to install MXNET to docker container using autoinstall_mxnet.sh.
I’ve got Jetpack 4.5.1-b17 arm64 installed on the AGX host and used nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-tensorflow:r32.5.0-tf1.15-py3 as a base image.
Script was executed in the interactive mode in the running container.
All goes well except for test run of resnet18-mxnet-trt.py fails with a very obscure message:

Illegal instruction (core dumped)

The same goes if I run the install this script in the container on AGX or I run install on x86 host with QEMU and then run committed image on AGX.

Do you have any ideas how it could be corrected or are you aware of any stable mxnet docker images for Jetson (AGX) to be used?

That’s a really important issue for us, any help will be appreciated.

Partially fixed with those commands:
pip3 uninstall docker-py
pip3 uninstall docker-compose
sudo apt install python-docker
but after that trying the command (as described in Jetson Setup | Apache MXNet)
$MXNET_HOME/ci/build.py -p jetson
I get this other error:
standard_init_linux.go:219: exec user process caused: exec format error

And the same even goes if I run autoinstall_mxnet.sh directly on the AGX host.

any chance of updating the package for mxnet 1.8?