Identify Jetson Type via MAC address?

You are able to find the vendor via a MAC address via sites like.

My Jetson NX module is easily detected as “NVIDIA Corporation”.

I wonder if it is possible to determine Jetson modules from their MAC address alone.

I am especially interrested in detecting if a module is TX1, TX2, Nano, NX, AGX etc. via mac addresses.

Is it possible?

Kind regards

Jesper

The MAC address for any network device is in general not a way to identify the device the ethernet is connected to unless you’ve already examined which device type it is and created your own lookup table of MAC-to-type. You might be better off if you give a use-case of what it is you want to accomplish.

All Jetson modules I know has an onboard ethernet controller. That controller is often used directly for consumer devices.

I am often asked how this and that product is working, and I usually take the MAC address as a hint. That often leaves me with a company name like Qualcomm or Nvidia

It would be usefull to be able to determine what Jetson is used when Nvidia pops up.

Kind regards

Jesper

I don’t think that is possible, although some companies might use a given MAC address range (a range which might change). If you want a guaranteed answer, then you probably have to be able to log in to the Jetson (there might be some corollary in recovery mode).

I am aware that the mac address can be spoofed.

But in my experience it is often used directly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.