ieee error

ok…
but i debuged it with debugger
it gives error

“Unhandled exception at 0x0044ec61 in kuldeep.exe: 0xC00002B5: Multiple floating point traps.”

so please tell me how can i remove the error.

Merely running a program under a debugger does not debug that program. The debugger is intended to provide extra information during a more controlled run of the candidate program. This extra information is to be used by the programmer, together with an understanding of the purposes of the program and the underlying algorithms, to debug the implementation.

In this context, then, your “please tell me how can i remove the error” appears misguided. You have not shown the source code – we do not even know what its size is. Few of us have magic wands that we can wave and make your bugs disappear. Even those who do may need to be convinced that the cause is worthy.

i am sorry…
actually i am an electrical engineer so i don’t know fortran very much,that is why i didn’t understand your first reply.

regarding my program, it is a long program containing more than 50 subroutine that is why i didn’t give my source code

can you tell me which information you need from my program ,to remove my error,i’ll provide that

i am an electrical engineer so i don’t know fortran very much.

Non sequitur.

regarding my program, it is a long program containing more than 50 subroutine

If one puts these two points together, the inevitable conclusion is that the task you have undertaken is infeasible.

At the risk of appearing rude, I have to state this opinion: you do not have the skills and prerequisite knowledge for the specified task. You must put in the effort to learn Fortran, or, if unwilling to do that, hand over the task to someone better suited.

can you tell me which information you need from my program ,to remove my error

No, and I do not want to look at the source code of a buggy program with 50 subroutines. That is what consultants are for, and they usually want to be paid for their work.

no…i have confidence that i’ll do it because i know “C” & matlab programming.
& i am trying hard for learning fortran.

i have checked my all subroutines & compiled it successfully & at the last end of my program i am getting run time error

you just tell me the basic reason for this error"Multiple floating point traps"

Hi kuldeep gupta,

Try adding the flag “-Ktrap=fp” or “-Ktrap=divz” to trap the floating point exceptions. Running your code in the debugger will then halt on the first exception. You can then inspect the variables is get a better understand of why the exception occurs.

Are you familiar with using a debugger? If not, please review Chapter 3 of the PVF User’s Guide for basic usage within PVF. For a more complete description, please refer to the PGDBG Debugger Guide (http://www.pgroup.com/doc/pgdbgug.pdf). The PVF debugger is the same PGDBG except for the interface which is more Visual Studio like. Of course, you can still use PGDBG outside of PVF, if you prefer. Debugging can be more art then science so nothing can replace experience. Debugging can be frustrating to learn but a very worthwhile skill.

Note that often floating point exceptions are not the cause of your errors, rather just a symptom. Hence, you may need to step through your code at spot just earlier than where the exception is raised, maybe even from the beginning.

• Mat

thanks for your suggestion.
i’ll try this.