IGX-SW 1.0 Developer Preview Released

Pleased to announce that today we released the IGX-SW 1.0 Developer Preview.

What is IGX-SW

Going forward, the software stack on the IGX has changed from Holopack to IGX-SW.

IGX-SW includes a two-part enterprise software stack. It includes IGX OS, which is a commercial OS and includes a signed kernel from Canonical, as well as an AI stack. NVIDIA AI Enterprise offers enterprise level support with service level agreement for both IGX OS and AI stack in IGX-SW.

How is IGX-SW different from HoloPack

Holopack was not an enterprise software stack. Transitioning from Holopack to IGX-SW is a step towards offering enterprise level software support.

The installation method also changed for a more simplified and user friendly experience. Unlike Holopack which is installed using SDK Manager, IGX OS is installed using an iso image on a USB flash drive.

IGX-SW 1.0 Developer Preview

IGX-SW 1.0 is a preview to this enterprise software and intended for kickstarting development or evaluation on this stack. Next release of IGX-SW, targeted for late Jan 2024, will be a production quality release. NVIDIA AI Enterprise for IGX be ready at this time.

Software is released via IGX Download Center:

Updated IGX-User Guide: NVIDIA IGX Orin User Guide (Latest) - NVIDIA Docs

Steps to Install in the user guide: : Installing IGX-Software - NVIDIA Docs

Can you send me the install docs?

I want to try this

Id also love to know what you are doing wrt to LLMs

Jacob

The links are there in the forum announcement. Check last 2 lines and visit download center to download the release bits.

Just trying to upgrade from Holopack to the IGX-SW 1.0 developer preview…

For “Updating the BMC Firmware”, I skipped this step as the directory “/usr/share/mctp/mctp” doesn’t existing on the IGX box at present.

I also skipped “Updating the Safety Microcontroller (SMCU) Firmware” as this depends on the previous step.

When I try “Updating the Boot Firmware (QSPI)” and run the flash script, I see the following error:

[ 0.4772 ] Sending bct_br
[ 0.5604 ] ERROR: might be timeout in USB write.
Error: Return value 3
Command tegrarcm_v2 --new_session --chip 0x23 0 --uid --download bct_br br_bct_BR.bct --download mb1 mb1_t234_prod_aligned_sigheader.bin.encrypt --download psc_bl1 psc_bl1_t234_prod_aligned_sigheader.bin.encrypt --download bct_mb1 mb1_bct_MB1_sigheader.bct.encrypt
Reading board information failed.

I’ve tried the USB-related steps in the “Troubleshooting” section, but to no avail. Are there any other options or suggestions?

I’m currently on the UEFI firmware version built on “2023-05-22” - which is before Nov 16 2023…

I presume I should do firmware + OS installations before attempting to upgrade the dGPU VBIOS (which was my original issue)?

Best regards,
Philip

@philipjpratt after you skipped the step while doing BMC update, did it update properly?

For flashing QSPI, did you put IGX in recovery mode? Just double conforming, the step in the troubleshoot:
sudo bash -c ‘echo -1 > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend’

needs to be run from the host computer attached to the IGX.

Yes, you will need to install the OS and firmwares before upgrading vBIOS.

@philipjpratt also if you can try powering off the devkit and powering it om again and try reflashing.

Thanks for getting back - yes, I was in recovery mode and tried the “auto suspend” tip, and rebooting, but to no avail. Also tried different USB sockets and different USB cables, but that didn’t seem to help either!
I was wondering if there are any other options I could try? I did think of having a go with a different Linux box, but that would take time to set up - so a last resort.

Speak soon,
Philip

@philipjpratt Which Ubuntu version are you using on the host machine?

The box I’m using is still on 18.04 - which I now understand might be the problem! I am upgrading to 22.04…

Kind regards,
Philip