I'm getting a few failures when the NGX boots

My AGX will not boot into recovery mode and I’m seeing a few errors when the AGX boots. I will list what the screen shows before it boots.

I think it might be a hardware issue if it won’t even boot into recovery mode.
Do you know where I might be able to send this to get it fixed? It’s not under warranty.

cp: not writing through dangling symlink ‘etc/resolv.conf’
cgroup: cgroup2: unknown option “nsdelegate”
iwlifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwiwifi-8265-26.ucode failed with error -2
iwlifi 0003:01:00.0: Falling back to user helper
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
random: crng init done
random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
iwlifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwiwifi-8265-25.ucode failed with error -2
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
iwlifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwiwifi-8265-24.ucode failed with error -2
iwlifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwiwifi-8265-23.ucode failed with error -2
thermal thermal_zone8: failed to read out thermal zone (-5)

Hi,

What you are talking about seems not very clear. How did you put your board into recovery mode?

Recovery mode is basically just a brick mode that has no I/O and nothing shown on the monitor. AGX is waiting for end user to flash the board with sdkmanager under such mode.

and I’m seeing a few errors when the AGX boots.

And what you pasted are not error. They are just some kernel message from the i8265 wifi driver. Everyone who is using this wifi driver may have these logs.
I believe you think this kind of message as an error just because this time the desktop doesn’t come up. Desktop doesn’t come up is not equal to “board cannot boot up”. There are still other methods that can tell the board status like uart console.

Those errors are what I see when I boot normally. And, also the SDK will always say ‘no board connected’ when I have the Xavier plugged in to a host computer by the front USBC port. I try to put it in recovery mode by turning the Xavier on by holding down the recovery button and pressing the power button.
I have tried two different USBC cables. I have tried putting Ubuntu 18.04 on the host machine. The SDK has never shown the Xavier to be connected.
I know there is a sudo reboot command to restart in recovery mode, but I don’t know the password to this machine.

If the board is not powered up, you need to use power + recovery button.

But if the board is already powered up, then you need to use reset + recovery button. Please make sure that first.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.