Image-based OTA: build_base_recovery_image.sh is failing

Hi-

I’m just getting started trying to set up an image-based OTA upgrade from R32.7.3 to R35.4.1, which LOOKS like it should be fully supported, and I’m following the steps in “Preparing for an image-based OTA update”

I’m running into issues on step 6: build_base_recovery_image.sh is failing, and it seems to be doing so because a file recovery_copy_binlist.txt is missing. This file looks to me like it should be in the ota_tools tar file, but there is no file of that name there; the only reference I can find to it in any docs is one line: " Editing the provided file recovery_copy_binlist.txt to specify the file systems and pathnames of any files you want to add to the recovery image…"

Here’s the (brief) log of me running build_base_recover_image.sh:

p51-22:riz  ~/testing/jetson_top_r35.4.1/Linux_for_Tegra> sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/build_base_recovery_image.sh  jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R32-7 ${BASE_BSP} ${BASE_BSP}/rootfs ${TARGET_BSP}
[sudo] password for riz:
/home/riz/testing/jetson_top_r32.7.3/Linux_for_Tegra /home/riz/testing/jetson_top_r35.4.1/Linux_for_Tegra
BOARDID=3668 FAB=100 BOARDSKU= BOARDREV= FUSELEVEL=fuselevel_production /home/riz/testing/jetson_top_r32.7.3/Linux_for_Tegra/flash.sh --no-flash -Z jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1

SUCCESS: get dtbfile name "tegra194-p3668-all-p3509-0000.dtb"
Unpacking initrd ...
30412 blocks
grep: /home/riz/testing/jetson_top_r35.4.1/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/recovery_copy_binlist.txt: No such file or directory
/tmp/R32x_recovery/initrd_tmp/lib /tmp/R32x_recovery/initrd_tmp /home/riz/testing/jetson_top_r35.4.1/Linux_for_Tegra
sed: can't read /tmp/R32x_recovery/initrd_tmp/sbin/dhclient-script: No such file or directory

… it looks to me like dhclient-script is probably supposed to be copied in from this recover_copy_binlist.txt, but I can’t for the life of me figure out where this is supposed to come from. Did I miss a step?

Hi riz94107,

Do you extract ota-tool to your ${TARGET_BSP}?
You can donwload ota-tool package from release page.

Yes, I did.

It should exist in your BSP package.
May I know how did you download the BSP package?

OK, it was not clear it was in the BSP - apparently I didn’t notice that the tools/ota_tools directory got created from the BSP and my build scripts cleaned up ota_tools prior to its download. the file is in the BSP, hopefully things will work better now.

Thanks for the response.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.