Image-Based Over-the-Air Update question

I want to just update the rootfs, but the jetpack version still doesn’t change. Can it be achieved through the ota base image, because when I try to upgrade from jetpack R35.1 to R35.1, the program prompts that it is not supported. If not, may I ask if there is a proper way to update only the rootfs. thanks

Target board(JETSON_XAVIER_NX_DEVKIT) and base version(R35_1) is not supported
Failed to run “ota_validate_params jetson-xavier-nx-devkit R35-1 internal /home/lw/Workspace/nvidia/R35.1/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/ota_board_specs.conf BOARD_SPECS_ARRAY CHIPID”
Usage: sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh [options]
Where,
: target board. Supported boards: jetson-agx-xavier-devkit, jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc.
: the version of the base BSP. Supported versions: R32-7.
options:
-u : PKC key used for odm fused board
-v : Secure Boot Key (SBK) key used for ODM fused board
-s Skip generating system image.
-b Update bootloader only. Only valid for update without layout change.
-r Update rootfs only. Only valid for update without layout change.
-o Specify the script to update rootfs partition.
-f Specify the rootfs image to be written to rootfs partition.
Example:
sudo ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh -u PKCkeyfile -v SBKkeyfile jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc R32-7

Hi,
Does it work if you enter recovery mode and only update APP partition?

I use the ./tools/ota_tools/version_upgrade/l4t_generate_ota_package.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit R32-7 upgrade command to upgrade, but the ota package has not been created successfully

Hi,
We don’t support only update rootfs through OTA. The kernel image and dtb files are in rootfs and if you only upgrade rootfs, there is chance to have mismatch in versions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.