Image pipeline does not reach paused state

• Hardware Platform: GPU
• DeepStream Version: 5.0.0
• TensorRT Version: 7.0.0.11
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only): 460.32.03

Following the deepstream_image_decode_app I’m trying to run a pipeline which takes just an image and eventually should do inferences. However for some reason my pipeline is not even reaching the paused state. I deconstructed the pipeline to give a minimal not working example. Please check my pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=in.jpg ! jpegparse ! nvv4l2decoder ! m.sink_0 nvstreammux name=m width=1920 height=1080 batch-size=1 ! nvvideoconvert ! jpegenc ! filesink location=out.jpg

When watching the graph for the state change from null to ready I observe that nvvideconvert tries to feed video/x-raw(memory:NVMM) into jpegenc which it’s not capable of. I was wondering if the respective pads shouldn’t negotiate to simple video/x-raw caps? However, even when using a capsfilter in between those elements and doesn’t help it.

Any idea what might be the issue?

The command line can run successfully on my T4 device.

For me it’s like that. I hit ctrl+c after it get stuck on Pipeline is PREROLLING after a while. Can I supply you with some more debug information?

Can you upload the jpg file? Seems the file cause the problem.

You may try software decoder instead.
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=in.jpg ! jpegparse ! jpegdec ! nvvideoconvert ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=NV12’ ! m.sink_0 nvstreammux name=m width=1920 height=1080 batch-size=1 ! nvvideoconvert ! jpegenc ! filesink location=out.jpg

needed to add nvbuf-memory-type=0 to nvstreammux to make it work