Impossible to first boot JETSON NANO 2Gbn

Hi !
I flashed the Jetson OS on SD Card with Balena Etcher.
I’m trying to boot but this appear :

If i click on OK, i have a boot menu that ask me login and password …
But … i didn’t choose any login or password before, i just flashed the sd card.

Can you help me ?

Thanks for advance

Vincent

Hi,

Welcome to the NVIDIA Developer forums. Your issue should be posted in the Jetson Nano category. I will move it over for you.

Best,
Tom K

Thanks, still waiting for the answer

Hi,

Could you help dump the log?

Remove this sd card out from jetson nano and plug into your host machine to check /var/log/oem-config.log.

Please attach that log when error happened. Thanks.

Hello,

I have the same problem, I can’t boot my jetson nano 2Gb. Someone knows a solution for that?

Thank you in advance

Could you help dump the log? Which imge you download?

Remove this sd card out from jetson nano and plug into your host machine to check /var/log/oem-config.log.

Please attach that log when error happened. Thanks.

Hi !
I can’t find what you say ! Here is what i see when I plug my SD-CARD in my computer.
And if I click on one of them, it says “please format your drive disk” …

So, what can I do ?

Hi,

Sorry that do you have any ubuntu/linux machine to dump the log? Since the disk is ext4, Windows may not able to read it.

oem-config.log (3.5 KB)
Here it is !

Thanks for your kind share. Let us check.

Hi,

For current use, please try to use jp4.6 image first. We will fix the jp4.6.1 bug.

https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r32_release_v6.1/jeston_nano_2gb/jetson-nano-2gb-jp46-sd-card-image.zip

Okay thanks, now we can continue, but after setting up the SWAP allocation, we click on “next” and this screen appears :

If it can help you, the green led of the Jetson is not blinking …

If we restart, we have to do the configuration again. It looks like a dead loop.

Hi,

Do you mean the configuration of user account will be a loop?

When I follow the install setup like on this https://automaticaddison.com/how-to-set-up-the-nvidia-jetson-nano-developer-kit/ , i have the ubuntu screen after clicking on NEXT after choosing “SWAP SIZE”.

Hi,

If you don’t configure swap size, will it pass?

It works ! The swap is the problem, if we click on “NO”, it works.

Hi @ViinceL ,

Could you check if your syslog (/var/log/syslog) on jetson keeps any record when you firstly boot up in jp4.6?

syslog (164.7 KB)
Here it is !

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for kind share. But I mean the log when your first try over jp4.6, not the log boot up today. Do you keep that log?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.