Improve Camera Quality for RPI v3 HQ Cam

Respected Authorities,
I am trying to connect the **Raspberry Pi v3 HQ Camera **(CSI) with Jetson nano 4GB. However, the image that I get as the output using the gstreamer pipeline produces very grainy Image (Image with Noise). The pipeline used is mentioned below:

Note: Using Jetson nano with USB Webcamera captures images that are clear without any kind of noise.

SENSOR_ID=0 # 0 for CAM0 and 1 for CAM1 ports
FRAMERATE=30 # Framerate can go from 2 to 30 for 4032x3040 mode
gst-launch-1.0 -e nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=$SENSOR_ID ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=4032,height=3040,framerate=$FRAMERATE/1" ! nvv4l2h264enc ! h264parse ! mp4mux ! filesink location=rpi_v3_imx477_cam$SENSOR_ID.mp4

Output:

Note: This result is better compared to when back lights are off (normal lighting conditions).

I’ve tried the same camera with Raspberry pi with the help of Libcamera and V4l2 modules and the image seems to be much more clear without noise/grains.

I’ve also talked with the vendors of the camera. They told that the ISP (Image Signaling Pipeline) in Rpi is different than that present in the Jetson Nano and it might be the reason behind the same.

My first question is why is there difference in Image Capture Quality in terms of noise in USB webcam. Secondly, What can I do to reduce the noise in the CSI HQ camera. Third, If tuning the ISP block is necessary to reduce the noise, can I in any way implement the RPI ISP tuning block to Jetson nano?

Current Jetpack version is 4.6 R32.6.1

Expected Image (from Raspberry Pi)

Could you try use argus_camera to enable the noise reduction from the GUI to verify it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.