Imshow not working in probe

Hi, i am try to use opencv’s imshow to show some auxiliary information within a probe but nothing happened. I can verify that printing out the same set of info to the linux terminal working. I added waitkey(1) but its still not working. its just a black screen. How can i make it work ?

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)

• DeepStream Version

• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)

• TensorRT Version

• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)

• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) n.a.
• TensorRT Version 8.0.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 495.29.05
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) bugs

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing) Added cv.imshow() in probe added attached to nvtracker element. No display from imshow()

• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description) n.a.

Are you running on docker? Did you mount the .X11-unix and DISPLAY variables?

Btw adding an imshow in a probe might result in a log of frame drop.

Hi marmikshah, i am running in docker. I am able to see the out of my pipeline via NV_OSD just that the imshow call seems to be do nothing. I understand the imshow in a probe will have performance impact. Its for testing purpose for now. I also did try to call imshow on a separate thread to show the auxiliary information but could not make it to work as well.

I see. Do you have any code to reproduce the problem?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, Is this still an DeepStream issue to support? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.