In nv-multimedia code, which location is the source code of the automatic exposure function?

The capture can work well with AE/AWB mode by using a plugin which name is “nvarguscamerasrc”.
But I couldn’t find its implementation in the nvarguscamerasrc and multimedia code,I just found the upper function,Is the auto exposure part not open source?

I now have a functional requirement,I need to implement the metering modes for the camera,such as central metering,point metering,region metering,evaluative metering.What can I do to achieve it?

hello blstcvLiu,

sorry, we did not public AE sources, (or, ISP, 3A controls…etc) for reference.
you may use the Argus API, Argus::IAutoControlSettings::setAeRegions to configure the AE regions of interest.
note, the AE algorithm currently does not ignore completely outside setAeRegion(), it gives more weights to the selected region.
thanks

hello JerryChang,

Can this interface " setAeRegions" be set to multiple regions?
And how to add or subtract regions?

hello blstcvLiu,

may I know what’s the actual use-case?
please refer to Topic 82744 for the sample codes to modify interest region.
thanks

I need to implement the metering modes for the camera,such as central metering,point metering,region metering,evaluative metering

hello JerryChang,

Suppose I want to divide a frame into 12 regions for evaluative metering,should the weight parameter be set to 1 or 0.083 (1/12)?

hello blstcvLiu,

this depends-on your use-case, internally, it’ll have accumulating weights of each region and normalized for calculation.

1 Like

Thank you for your support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.