Information regarding boot process and cboot configuration

I have been having some difficulties understanding exactly what is going on in the boot process before extlinux.conf is read. And I have a few questions.

1. What exactly is stored in the qspi onboard flash? Is it just the cboot binary? Is there a copy of the kernel and initrd as well?

2. I have the cboot source downloaded, and I need to change a few configuration options. For one I need to change the default path for the extlinux.conf file. Also I need to change the default device boot order to place the nvme drive ahead of the sd card.

3. I also need to, if possible, change the kernel selection menu wait time to reduce boot delay.

Assuming I build cboot following the instructions in the readme file, where in the source code could I find these parameters?

Thanks in advance!

1. What exactly is stored in the qspi onboard flash? Is it just the cboot binary? Is there a copy of the kernel and initrd as well?

You can refer to the partition layout in the L4T developer guide.

Assuming I build cboot following the instructions in the readme file, where in the source code could I find these parameters?

You can use the log to grep corresponding line in the cboot source and find it out.