(Initial setup) SUMMARY: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel: No space left on target device

Please provide the following info:
Hardware Platform: DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit
Software Version: DRIVE Software 10.0 (REV.2)
Host Machine Version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
SDK Manager Version: sdkmanager_1.2.0-6733_amd64

While flashing OS software to target device, I get this SUMMERY message.

SUMMARY: Flash Xavier A+B in parallel: No space left on target device

I have looked around, but cannot find anything similar during flashing for the first time.

Thanks in advance,
Niels

Hi @niels_otiv,

Please tar ~/.nvsdkm and then upload for our analysis. Thanks!

Hi Vick,

I could get the log data from de SDK manager when it was in FAILED status.

Error_log_Flashing.zip (750.6 KB)

Thanks in advance,
Niels

How did you get “Error_log_Flashing.sh” file in the zip? I’m not able to view it with text editors.

I zipped it on Linux Host system. Couldn’t upload a .sh file.

How can I view “Error_log_Flashing.sh” in the zip file? Could you zip ~/.nvsdk directories and then upload it here? Thanks!

You mean the full nvidia_sdk?

I assume you’re installing DRIVE Software 10.0 with SDK Manager, right?

You can either zip $HOME/.nvsdk directories (include logs) manually or follow Install DRIVE with SDK Manager :: NVIDIA DRIVE AGX System Installation and Setup to export logs. We need to check the logs to understand your problems more. Thanks!

Had to flash again to get the logs.

SDKM_logs_2020-07-27_21-24-12.zip (742.1 KB)

Per “Info: [ Disk Avail:21.22 GB ]” in your DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS/NV_FLASH_XAVIER_PDKFLASH_PARALLEL_COMP.log and “A minimum of 40GB and up to 120GB (during flash) free disk space on the system volume is needed for each full (host and target) deployed SDK version.” in Getting Started with DRIVE Software :: NVIDIA DRIVE AGX System Installation and Setup, I suspect the free space on your host system isn’t enough.

Could you help to clarify if that’s the root cause? Thanks!

Thanks Vick,

That will be it. I was confused on the wording of target device. (Thinking it was the DRIVE AGX)

Cheers,
Niels

1 Like