Initial15 seconds of Video missing from Pipeline Output

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform : dGPU
• DeepStream Version : 6.0.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version : 510.85.02
• Issue Type : Questions

When I try to use Deepstream for inferencing on video , the initial few seconds of the video is missing in the output. I get the inferenced output after 15th second of video as first frame. The video has 30 FPS. That means 450 (15 * 30) frames are missing. Can you tell me how to solve this issue? What Changes I have to in the pipeline?

Can you provide reproducing steps of the issue?

I am using source pipeline and main pipeline. Can you tell me from your perspective which element in the pipeline should be causing the output inference to start after 15 seconds and missing the initial few seconds video.

Baiscally, it doesn’t drop frames if your pipeline and env is good enough. Could you show your demo to us, code or pipeline, config files?

This is the pipeline graph of my source and main pipeline
please help me in this issue

As you use the interpipe from the custom plugin, it may be a problem with this plug-in. So we suggest you use our demo to repro this issue or ask the plugin developer to anylize this issue. Thanks
Maybe you can refer this topic:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/gstreamer-interpipe-wont-run-in-jetson-nano/142324

Are you sure that problem may be in interpipe.

How to contact the plugin Developer to solve this issue?

I’m not completely sure. Cause in our demo, we have not encountered similar problems. And we cannot use interpipe in our env. So we hope you can use our plug-in or the native plug-in of gstreamer to repro this problem.

Maybe you can contact them by the below link:
https://www.ridgerun.com/

@fabian.solano Could you help to anylize this issue? Thanks

@fabian.solano

I am getting the 15 seconds of video missing in the inference output. And the output video starting after 15 sec. These 15 sec frames are missing from my output. And Nvidia forum is suggesting it is due to interpipe used to connect different the pipeline. I have 3 pipelines source , dummy, main pipeline. Source pipeline is switched to Dummy when camera stream is not working to provide blank frames. Please Help me in this issue. I am attaching my pipeline graph .

Suggest me What should I change in interpipesrc or in interpipesink.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

If Solano don’t have feedback temporarily, you can do a inatial analysis yourself by the following:

Add the probe function to each plugin and check which  plug-in dropped data.

You can refer to our source code to add the probe function:

sources\apps\sample_apps\deepstream-test1\deepstream_test1_app.c
osd_sink_pad_buffer_probe

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.