Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
I have a question concerning inference with a tensorrt optimized network.
I don’t understand how reducing the size of the input improves performance:
I trained a detecnet with tao toolkit on 1280x1280 images, I can run it at 80 FPS with deepstream. When I reduce the input resolution of the network to 640x640 I run at 200 FPS. When I increase the input size to 2000x2000 I drop to 20 FPS.
However, I don’t understand how Tensorrt can allow such a performance gain: the network is trained on a fixed image size, does Tensorrt add a scaling layer?
If it is not the case, how are the weights of the network adjusted to proceed to inference on images with a different resolution than the training resolution?
If it is the case, how to explain the performance gain, for the different sizes?
Thanks for your answer.