install device driver on ubuntu 10.04 a summery of my procedure

i have struggled to install the device driver_3.2_linux_64_260.19.26.run on linux. The error “the nouveau kernel driver is currently in use by your system,it’s not compatible with the Nvidia driver,you must disable it before proceeding.” often occur to me.And then i read the ReadMe file about the devdriver_3.2_linux_64_260.19.26.run,i understand regularly that the nouveau driver is an open-source driver,not belong to Nvidia corporation. I have searched a lots of relative documents recent days. Finally, the success comes to me.So i write this thread in order to share it with everybody who maybe have the same trouble with me.
the steps as followed:
1.enter your terminal,input"sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf",and add the following contents at the bottom
blacklist vga16fb
blacklist nouveau
blacklist rivafb
blacklist nvidiafb
blacklist rivatv
and reserve it .
2.input"sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*" ,you will see many files related to ‘nvidia-’ are printed and will be removed.
3.input"sudo vim /etc/default/grub",you’ll see GRUB_COMLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash”,
replace the “quiet splash” with “text”.so the computer will boot in the way of text,just like the dos environment.
4.input “sudo update-grub”
5.input “sudo update-initramfs -u”
6.input “sudo apt-get --purge remove xserver-xorg-video-nouveau”
7.reboot your computer.

Thank you very much, buddy. This has been a real lifesaver for me (Mint 10 64 bit user, based on Ubuntu 10.10). :)