Install Drive SW 10 on Ubuntu Host unsuccessful

hello,
I am trying to Install DriveSW10 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04 host machine for Drive AGX Developer Kit target hardware using SDK Manager, but the installation was stopped and unsuccessful.

The problem is that, there is an error while executing tmp_NV_DRIVE_RFS_TARGET_COMP.sh, so I tried to run it manually to see what exactly the problem is,

INFO:targetfstool_base:Copying /usr/bin/qemu-aarch64-static to targetfs usr/bin
INFO:targetfstool_base:Copying /etc/resolv.conf to targetfs /targetfs/etc/resolv.conf
DEBUG:common:Subprocess(es) exited succesfully.
stdout:
stderr:

DEBUG:linux.targetfstool_linux:/DrivePlatform/archives
INFO:targetfstool_base:Modifying targetfs at /targetfs
INFO:linux.targetfstool_linux:Running command: dpkg --configure -a
ERROR:common:Non-zero exit code 1, cmd: "chroot /targetfs /bin/bash -c dpkg --configure -a"
stdout:
stderr:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of unity-scope-calculator:
unity-scope-calculator depends on gnome-calculator; however:
Package gnome-calculator is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package unity-scope-calculator (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
unity-scope-calculator

ERROR:linux.targetfstool_linux:Failure running command: dpkg --configure -a
stdout:
stderr:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of unity-scope-calculator:
unity-scope-calculator depends on gnome-calculator; however:
Package gnome-calculator is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package unity-scope-calculator (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
unity-scope-calculator

This indicates a dependency problem with package gnome-calculator which should be available or most probably installed in the Docker container during previous steps, this Docker container was built by the mentioned script in the beginning.

Hi omar.alnaseri,

Is this your first time to install DRIVE Software 10.0 on this host system?
If not, to avoid messed up by update of DRIVE Software 10.0, could you try to remove some directories with below commands (you can also back up them first) and then install again? Thanks!

$ rm -rf ~/Downloads/nvidia/sdkm_downloads
$ rm -rf ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS*

Thanks for reply,
yes it is tirst time to install DRIVE SW 10 on my host system.
after backup them, I tryed to delete those directories, sdkm_downloads is not exist, DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS* were deleted, but I get another error

tools/driveav/pycache/
tools/driveav/pycache/driveav_setup.cpython-36.pyc
ERROR: source directory /home/proai/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveSW_Components/TargetDebs not found
Time to failure: 0 minutes and 0 seconds

Could you tar the files under ~/.nvsdkm directory and upload here for our analysis? Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, actually I managed to install it until the Flash step, which I skipped. I just had to install new VM of fresh Ubuntu Linux 18.04 using VMware and it worked.

Now I am trying to apply the patch file (zf_proAI_drive10_linux.tar), the patch was done successfully, but when I am trying to do “Target Flashing Instruction” (Step 4 in README.txt), the flashing is stop suddently and no more progressing. see attached files

Could you please investigate this issue, I am using Ubuntu Linux 18.04 VM on VMware Workstation to do above instruction.

regards,
Omar

Unfortunately we don’t support VM host environment for DRIVE Software installation. Thanks!

Ok thanks for the info, I have tried it with a native linux PC, and it looks the same issue where the snapshot shows clearly that the FuntionFS gadget is not able to be mounted, so that the flashing process is stopped as follows

Hi @omar.alnaseri,

I just found you’re using P3479 system. Which isn’t a supported system of DRIVE Software 10.0. You can check below table from https://developer.nvidia.com/DRIVE/secure/docs/NVIDIA_DRIVE_Software_Release_Notes_10.0.pdf.

For P3479 system support, I would suggest you to file a bug via https://partners.nvidia.com/ or contact your nvidia representive. Thanks!