Installation failed Jetson Nano 16gb emmc in SD Card

I’m having problems booting using the SD card, I have a jetson nano board with emmc 16 gb and I’m going to move the boot to an sd card with more space but get an error, “The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again”?

1 Like

Please refer to Jetson Nano EMMC How to boot from External SD Card? - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

I don’t understand what’s in that reference, because my problem now is an error occurs when I move the boot options to the sd card

If the sdcard slot is on the carrier board but not module, then it is a external sdcard. None of the default bootloader supports to boot from such scard.

Is there any other way to expand the space of the system? Because I need cuda and tourch library.

When flash board, run

sudo BOOTDEV=mmcblk1p1 ./flash.sh mmcbl1p1.

This will flash your emmc, but use the sdcard to boot up. Thus, you need to manually prepare the rootfs on the sdcard. Otherwise it won’t boot.

The step to prepare rootfs on sdcard is similar to “Flashing to a USB Drive” section. But you are not using sda1.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/flashing.html#wwpID0E01O0HA

How do I accesscd Linux_for_Tegra/?

If you ever used sdkmanager before, then this folder will be on your x86 pc.

What to write on the board???

Not quite understand your question… Didn’t you ever flash your emmc before?

What should I fill in this section of the board?

$ sudo BOOTDEV=sda1 ./flash.sh --no-flash (board) sda1

`

It’s true I’m still a beginner so I don’t understand this

So did you ever use sdkmanager before?

Check the *conf under your Linux_for_Tegra.

I have completed the steps in the tutorial but the system is still booting at the emmc.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Share the uart log.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.