Installation Failed

Hello,
Im trying to flash agx xavier dev kit but I get the same error in ‘step 04’ everytime, the error is 'INSTALLATION FAILED please review the terminal tab for details. Resolve and RETRY. Flash of target hardware was skipped.
Failed Component: VPI on Host. Error: (APT system is broken and requires manual fix).
I have connected the jetson device to internet via Ethernet cable, and connecting my laptop to wifi (but same internet). The laptop wifi disconnect sometimes and shifts to the Ethernet of the agx (because they are connected).
I didn’t find the original type C cable of jetson, so I used another type C cable but I checked lsusb and it was detected (it was in the list).

I started from step01 and this time I select another version of jetpack and unselect the deepstream option. this time I got error for CUDA and Computer Vision. and the installation failed.
side not: in all tries in step 03 when it is asked to write our user and pass, there, it is written that ‘no board detected’ I refresh, and another block beside it containing the name of my jetson device appears. then I continue.

What is the problem? What should I do?
Thx

Jetson AGX Xavier developer kit has two USB-C connectors:
Use this:

And check the recovery mode before flash:

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 007: **ID 0955:7e19 NVidia Corp.**

Thanks for the reply.
I used exactly the same port as in the picture (next to the power LED).
And I checked the $ lsusb in terminal on the host computer and the agx xavier ID was there, it means it was connected.

1. Is there any other possible mistake or problem?
  2. to connect the jetson device to the host, is it possible to use micro USB port instead of usb type C?

microUSB of Jetson AGX Xavier developer kit is for the UART console.

IF you succeed this job before, removing formerly downloaded resources could be helpful.

No I never used that port. But I have flashed the device several times and never faced this restrict installation failed. I was getting failed for some packages but by RETRY they were getting fixed, at that times I was using original usb type C of the device.
I have another question:
In some of the tries when I face installation error, I go back to step 01 and start again from beginning, in the step 03 some files will be downloaded into the two specified path/directory. Do they get overwritten each time or I have to delete the downloaded files from the previous try?

I’m not sure whether overwriting or skipping. But guess that not all files are downloaded and overwritten.

Therefore, if you remove all downloaded files and then start from the step 01, it’s better IMO.

There is a “export logs” button on your sdkmanager, when the error happens, click that button and share the log.

From your comment “Failed Component: VPI on Host. Error: (APT system is broken and requires manual fix).”, I can only guess the issue does not happen to jetson now, the issue is due to your host machine apt-get update has error from the beginning.

SDKM detects such error in your apt-get so it just aborted.

I found the original cable and tried to flash it again both to test the cable and send you the export log, but this time I got error in STEP02.
I attached the screenshot below.
what should I do?
Would you please help ASAP, I am in hurry.

Thank you

Hi,

I already mentioned in previous comment.

From your comment “Failed Component: VPI on Host. Error: (APT system is broken and requires manual fix).”, I can only guess the issue does not happen to jetson now, the issue is due to your host machine apt-get update has error from the beginning.
SDKM detects such error in your apt-get so it just aborted.

We have no idea about this because it looks like your own apt-get issue. Not from sdkmanager.

Make it more easier to understand, your apt-get update on your host machine is broken from the beginning.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.