Installed nvidia-l4t-bootloader package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Hi,
I’m using TX2 with Jatpack 4.4, L4T 32.4.2, I tried to install the pytorch following the tutorial here PyTorch for Jetson - version 1.6.0 now available, however, I always met this error when I was using the command “sudo apt-get install libopenblas-base libopenmpi-dev”.

. Could you please help me with this error? Since I have also installed lots of other packages and files, is there a way to solve this problem without re-flashing my TX2?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Based on the log, the nvidia-l4t-bootloader is for 32.4.3 rather than 32.4.2.

Please noticed that the pyTorch 1.6.0 listed in PyTorch for Jetson - version 1.6.0 now available is for L4t 32.4.3.
If you are using r32.4.2, please use JetPack 4.4 product release (GA) and try it again.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks a lot fotr your reply! I am actually downloading pytorch 1.4 which is for 32.4.2 rather than pytorch 1.6, to be specific, I use the command line in the instruction guide, which I attached below
wget https://nvidia.box.com/shared/static/1v2cc4ro6zvsbu0p8h6qcuaqco1qcsif.whl -O torch-1.4.0-cp27-cp27mu-linux_aarch64.whl
sudo apt-get install libopenblas-base libopenmpi-dev
pip install future torch-1.4.0-cp27-cp27mu-linux_aarch64.whl

However, I’m still getting that error like shown in the screenshot, is there anything wrong I did with the command line?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Sorry for the late update.

The error is not caused by the pytorch installation.
It occurs when apt sever want to re-try the not fully installed package (nvidia-l4t-bootloader).
Would you mind to remove the installation job and try it again?

$ apt-get --force-yes remove <pkgname>

If the issue goes on, it’s recommended to reflash the environment directly.
Thanks.

1 Like