Installing JetPack TK1 on a second Jetson board

I have everything installed and running correctly on both my host and the target Jetson board. Now I want to install on a second (new) Jetson board. The host already is set up from having done the first Jetson board.

What is the correct way to install everything on the second board? If I simply run the jetpack install again do I need to select Custom install and uncheck some items? Or do I just let it do everything all over like I did for the first board? I don’t want it to disturb anything on the host which is already running correctly.

I guess what I’m asking is what is the most efficient way to set up multiple Jetson boards from the same host. I’m not asking if they can all be done at the same time. I’ve seen other posts here asking that with the response being “No”

I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts on this. Thanks all.

It seems that after you run the Jetpack *.run installer the first time, there is no way to easily run a graphical utility to flash a second board, or third, or so on…

However you can do this:

The Jetpack installer should have extracted files into your home directory
~/
or if you were root then maybe it’s in
/opt/

Plug in your second Jetson TK1 board via the USB cable, hold the [force recovery] button and press the [power] button.

Run
lsusb
to check there is an Nvidia device connected.

Find the
Linux_for_Tegra/
directory.
From there run this command:
./flash.sh jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1

Please run JetPack again, select custom installation, uncheck following items

• Linux for Tegra R21.3
  • Documentation
  • Tegra System Profiler
  • Tegra Graphics Debugger

It won’t hurt your host even if some items have been installed on your host.