Installing Ubuntu desktop on target (DRIVE AGX)

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

After installing DRIVE OS 5.2 and flashing my DRIVE AGX, I need to install Ubuntu desktop on the target to be able to use the GUI.
I was able to gain access thanks to Minicom, however after I ran “sudo apt-get clean” then “sudo apt-get update” when I run “sudo apt-get install gdm3 ubuntu-unity-desktop” it starts installing until 75% and then gives me this error : "E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update … "

Hi @mohammed.el-yaagoubi,
To run NvMedia Sample Applications in DRIVE OS, you just need to run the below command.

sudo -b X -ac -noreset -nolisten tcp

I haven’t tried to install ubuntu desktop. I can have it a try later.

also paste our previous discussion on this in another topic below.

Here’s the output that I get

Maybe you already ran it. You can check with the command.

$ ps aux | grep X

Seems that way

However the monitor still doesn’t show anything

It’s because all running processes don’t have GUI.
Maybe you can install some X11 applications to run or you can also try with DRIVE OS sample applications.

I just tried to flash with SDK Manager, run “sudo apt-get update” and “sudo apt-get install gdm3 ubuntu-unity-desktop”. It worked well.

I think it maybe due to the fact that my /etc/apt/sources.list file doesn’t contain all the necessary links

That is why I have these errors at the end while running “sudo apt-get install gdm3 ubuntu-unity-desktop”.

I have the same apt source list as you.
This should be a common issue of apt itself.
I guess ports.ubuntu.com mirror isn’t stable on your side currently.
May you can have a try later.

I tried a couple of times again this morning, still no luck !

Can you give me more details when it comes to implementing an X11 client that reconfigures the HDMI display ?

Did you see any error message output by “sudo apt-get update”?

Have you tried NvMedia Sample Applications or any GUI application?

No don’t know how to

Please refer to this topic.

Let’s focus this topic on desktop installation.
Please create another topic for running any sample application.

I was able to install Ubuntu desktop on the target by correclty setting the clock for today’s date.

Following the video on this page NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Developer Kit | NVIDIA Developer, I am supposed to have setup scripts to run once I have access to the GUI on the Dev Sys (AGX DRIVE).

P.S : I now longer have the NVIDIA Wallpaper on my HMDI display monitor (AGX DRIVE), is this normal ?

Yes, it’s expected. That video is based on an older release.