Integrate tracker with custom dsexample plugin

In the deepstream-app pipeline, the tracker plugin comes after dsexample plugin. I wish to change this order that is first tracker then dsexample. I would also like to know how to make use of the tracking information i.e get the tracked bounding boxes etc.

Hi
You can change the link order here, sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-app/deepstream_app.c ::create_pipeline
you can add probe on sgie sink pad, since by that time, we have got tracker data, then iterate object meta, you can get the tracked bounding boxes info.

Hi @amycao, I have observed that the count doesn’t work as expected even though I use the tracker in default deepstream-app. It keeps on increasing even for the same object every few secs. What might be the reason for this?

It seems the tracker is only tracking the bboxes but not maintaining a count.

Hello customer,

What tracker are you using? Can you share your tracker config file? What is PGIE interval?

I am using the default deepstream-app tracker config file. PGIE interval is 4. I am using klt tracker.

Regarding your question on why the tracking ID keeps increasing even for the same object, KLT tracker utilizes key point from the object. So, it is known that if your target has low texture while background is cluttered, KLT doesn’t track well. Please refer to Table 7. Tracker library comparison in DS documentation for more details (https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/4.0/DeepStream_Plugin_Manual.pdf)