Intel 7265 WiFi Missing, Bluetooth functional

Hi all! I recently purchased and installed Intel’s 7265 WiFi/Bluetooth card into my Jetson Nano, however the only thing I am able to use is the Bluetooth. I have updated the firmware, attempted an install of the Intel Drivers, and verified that the card is recognized with lspci, however WiFi still does not function. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get WiFi working?

Any error message from the driver? Does “lspci -vv” give out the driver for this device?

You might need to downgrade the driver as 7265 is not supported in mainline. The last driver version where it is supported was Core14.
you should be able to get it by building the core14 branch on the backports git
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/backport-iwlwifi.git/log/?h=release/LinuxCore14
if you want a card that just works the 8265 is the card of choice right now. It works with the preinstalled driver in the 18.04 installation.

It appears that I am getting an “unknown header type 7f” error for the device.

01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
	!!! Unknown header type 7f
	Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
	Kernel modules: iwlwifi
1 Like

Hello,

I am having some issues on how to compile and run this, can you please explain it more in detail?

Thank you