INTEL AC 8265 wifi hotspot and bluetooth not working

I installed a Intel AC 8265 on my Xavier developer kit. The wifi works but the hotspot doesnt. When I boot up the system the following messages pop up.

cp: not working through dangling symlink ‘etc/resolv.conf’
cgroup: vgroup2: unknown option ‘nsdelgrate’
iwlwifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmaware load for iwlwifi-8265-26.ucode failed with error -2
iwlwifi 0003:01:00.0:: Falling back to user helper
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
random: crng init done
random: 7 unradnom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
iwlwifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmaware load for iwlwifi-8265-25.ucode failed with error -2
iwlwifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmaware load for iwlwifi-8265-24.ucode failed with error -2
iwlwifi 0003:01:00.0: Direct firmaware load for iwlwifi-8265-23.ucode failed with error -2
thermal_zone8: failed to read out thermal zone (-5)

No need to worry about the message. Not fatal error.

Could you describe what you have done to enable AP and why it failed? You should share the log when you hit AP failure instead of the boot up log.

Hi @WayneWWW, I’m facing the same error in Xavier AGX and Im super worried since the Xavier is rebooting like crazy number of times, just like that, even if xavier is idle or not. Could you tell me why? and how to resolve this.

So, I installed a Intel Wifi adapter recently, but it was installed with a pre-existing OS already there. So do you think this was the problem?

@WayneWWW , in another post I saw someone mentioning these errors. FYI this is the exact error Im also facing, and you mentioned this is fine, these erorr occur to search for intel wifi drivers, but then Why does my Xavier reboot everytime, atleast 10 times in 2 hours, if idle or not,

Hi,

Actually, those reboot sounds like some kernel error to me. What is your method to check log? SSH? Serial console? Monitor?

The only way that could check the kernel panic in time is through the serial console. SSH and monitor will not show it.
When no log is shown, it is common to arbitrarily pick up anything that is suspicious as error cause.

Plz tell me how to check logs for Xavier, and we can fix it. I dont have any method as of now, It simply restarts and its bugging me.

https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

@WayneWWW, Hi,
So Im in middle of a project and I cant afford to have this now, I removed the Reflash the Jetpack but still those errors where coming and also restarting Xavier automatically, so I removed the intel Wifi, but sstill no hope. Xavier is rebooting like alot Sir. Please tell me why? and the erorrs in the boot remain except the iwlwifi failure err is gone because I removed it. But cp writing to some, and ‘nsdelegate’ is there…

Hi,

Actually I just want you to refer to the first " Get prepared" section in that page and ask you to dump the log only.

No need to reflash the board…

Yes, I understood, Ill try to get the logs. I reflashed it one last time hoping those errors will vanish and restart won’t happen again, but it is still rebooting infintiely.

@WayneWWW, Thannk u so much for faster reply. I was going thru the serial console debug, I have to purchase the USB to TTL cable and then only I can debug it and send you the logs.

Hi,

If you are using Xavier devkit, actually you could just plug in the micro usb cable to the micro usb port on devkit. That port is actually a UART but not usb.

Oh Is it, So i can connect to the micro usb port of the Xavier to the Laptop usb port and further do that debug using Minicom ?, well let me try once.