Intel TBB on Jetson?

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get Intel TBB working on Jetson? Does Intel TBB even work on ARM processors?

I did a Google search on this but I couldn’t find anything concrete.

I haven’t tried it, but probably it does work. This (run from Jetson) shows the packages have been ported (might require opening some of the non-default repositories):

apt search tbb

What was the exact command you used to find the tbb packages? I ran sudo apt search tbb but all I got was the following:

Sorting… Done
Full Text Search… Done

I also tried running sudo apt-cache search . to get all of the packages available. Obviously there are a lot of packages but grepping for tbb yielded nothing.

Thanks,

Augustine

The list of repositories searched is in /etc/apt/sources.list. The results you got are simply because you didn’t have the right repository enabled…I have a lot enabled from uncommenting lines in the default file, so I don’t know the exact repo which has the package.

There is also the command “apt-add-repository” (which is a symbolic link to “add-apt-repository”) which can be used to enable repos for sources.list, but I tend to just use vi.

Once you’ve added the right repo and done “apt update”, then the command “apt search tbb” will show you several packages. I’m more familiar with RedHat/Fedora flavors though, so I couldn’t say offhand what the apt command is to show which repository has tbb. It is a standard Ubuntu administrator’s task, so any published information on Ubuntu 14.04 will be correct on L4T.

Here’s the list I got:

libtbb-dev/trusty 4.2~20130725-1.1ubuntu1 armhf
  parallelism library for C++ - development files

libtbb-doc/trusty 4.2~20130725-1.1ubuntu1 all
  parallelism library for C++ - documentation

libtbb2/trusty 4.2~20130725-1.1ubuntu1 armhf
  parallelism library for C++ - runtime files

libtbb2-dbg/trusty 4.2~20130725-1.1ubuntu1 armhf
  parallelism library for C++ - debugging symbols

tbb-examples/trusty 4.2~20130725-1.1ubuntu1 all
  parallelism library for C++ - example files

Thanks, that worked. You can probably tell that I am not very experienced with Ubuntu. :P

Again, thanks for the help!