IntelliSense for nvc++ in Visual Studio Code

Hello, does Nsight Visual Studio Code Edition provide IntelliSense for nvc++ in Visual Studio Code? As far as I can tell it only provides IntelliSense for CUDA, not for C++, am I right?

If so, then is there any plan to provide IntelliSense for nvc++ in Visual Studio Code, either with the Nsight Visual Studio Code Edition extension, or any other extension? Having this integration would make it much easier to use the Nvidia HPC SDK with Visual Studio Code.

The NVHPC SDK, which include nvc++, is not currently available for Windows so this support is not available.

-Mat

Thanks for the reply Mat. I’m actually trying to use nvc++ on Linux (not Windows or WSL) with Visual Studio Code. This works fine to edit and compile - the only problem is the lack of an IntelliSense mode. Would it be possible to request this feature?

As mentioned in the original post, Nsight Visual Studio Code Edition provides this functionality but only for CUDA, not for C++, so the extension would probably have to be updated to add an IntelliSense mode for C++ as well. (Unless it does already and I just haven’t found it yet).

Sorry, I saw “Visual Studio” and assumed we were talking about Windows.

Would it be possible to request this feature?

Probably? It’s not something my team works on (we’re just the compilers) nor something that I use myself so don’t really know.

I hate to do this to you, but it may be best to move this topic over the forum for Nsight Visual Studio Code since they’ll have a much better understanding of what is possible with IntelliSense.

If you don’t get an answer there, let me know and I’ll try to ask around.