Interfacing a microphone+ADC via I2C to Jetson nano

Hello,
I am trying to interface a microphone (thru a 16 bit ADC, Adafruit - ADS1115 16-Bit ADC - 4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier [STEMMA QT / Qwiic] : ID 1085 : $14.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) to Jetson Nano I2C pins. Would like to accomplish following.
#1. Interface microphone via aforesaid ADC
#2. Use simple C code program to read ADC via I2C (making use of standard Jetson nano library) and record it as a “.wav” file into Micro SD card.
Then there is Jetson Nano code that we already have that interprets this wav file and doing some pattern recognition (just FYI).
Questions:
#1. I am assuming there is Jetson Nano Ubuntu linux library support to convert my read raw data as a wav file.
#2. Then I will use Nano standard libraries to write it into SD card.

Would be great if the developer community points out any glaring errors in my path and also appreciate any pointers to useful data / examples.
Cheers,
Sham

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

Did not use that approach finally and trying out a microphone amplifier and then an analog to USB converter to i/f to nano. But still would be interesting to know the method I posted in the issue still works or not.
Sham

Hi Sham,

Regarding your questions listed above :

#1. I am assuming there is Jetson Nano Ubuntu linux library support to convert my read raw data as a wav file.

You could write a simple code to insert WAV header or use open source Linux utilities to covert RAW samples to WAV file (either offline or pipe it directly).

#2. Then I will use Nano standard libraries to write it into SD card.

You could mount the SD Card and write output WAV file at mounted location.

Thanks,
Sharad

Understood. Will try this approach too. This microphone is a bit specialized analog microphone and hence I may go with this approach as all the elements in the chain will be under my control. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.