Interfacing RADAR module to Jetson J509 Camera Connector

Hello NVIDIA community,

I am trying to prepare a demo showcasing my company’s RADAR module working with the Jetson AGX Xavier platform. My module sends out 4x MIPI CSI-2 interface streams from its 4x receiver channels. I noticed on the J509 connector there are CSI-2 inputs with a CSI# designation and also CSI#-D# where you can have CSI7-D0 and CSI7-D1 for example. These are the different reference designators for our x16 CSI-2 inputs on the Jetson board. What group of 4 inputs would be treated as a ‘single camera’? Does it even matter? Do I configure the streams to belong to one camera object in the software later on or does this need to be sorted out before I connect all the hardware?

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi, you can take CSI part in OEM DG as reference to decide which combination you can choose.

Hi Trumany,

I’m not sure if I completely understand… My radar outputs x4 differential CSI-2 data lines. Should I be connecting those to these inputs on Jetson AGX Xavier box? CSI 0 Data 0+, CSI 0 Data 0-, CSI 1 Data 0+, CSI 1 Data 0-, CSI 2 Data 0+, CSI 2 Data 0-, CSI 3 Data 0+ and CSI 3 Data 0-

Thanks,
Dennis

Also, my radar has a x1 differential MIPI_CLK output… am I feeding this same MIPI_CLK output to Jetson AGX Xavier inputs CSI 0 CLK +/-, CSI 1 CLK +/-, CSI 2 CLK +/- and CSI 3 CLK +/-? I want to make sure we have all the connections selected correctly because we are going to make a custom adapter board with connectors mating to both Jetson AGX Xavier and our RADAR demo board.

x4 differential CSI-2 data lines mean 4 data lanes.
The config in OEM DG should suit you.
External Media