Interruption error occurred during massflash

I use JP5.0.2.Sometimes this problem occurs,Can I get your answer?

1、generate massflash package:

sudo BOARDID=3701 FAB=TS4 BOARDSKU=0000 BOARDREV=A.0 ROOTFS_AB=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --no-flash --massflash 5 jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

2、flash:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --flash-only --massflash 5

3、log:

tar --xattrs -xpf /home/mogo/massFlashTools/mfi_jetson-agx-orin-devkit/tools/kernel_flash/images/internal/system.img --checkpoint=10000 --warning=no-timestamp --numeric-owner -C /tmp/ci-jkBZdfLQmH

tar: Read checkpoint 1390000
tar: Read checkpoint 1400000
tar: Read checkpoint 1410000
tar: Read checkpoint 1420000
tar: Read checkpoint 1430000
tar: ./usr/local/cuda-11.4/targets/aarch64-linux/lib/libcusparse_static.a: Cannot utime: Read-only file system

tar: ./var: Cannot stat: Input/output error
tar: .: Cannot utime: Read-only file system
tar: .: Cannot change ownership to uid 0, gid 0: Read-only file system
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
[ 375]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Failed to decompress APP image into /dev/sda1
[ 375]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Failed to write to APP
[ 375]: l4t_flash_from_kernel: Error flashing emmc
Error flashing non-qspi storage
Error flashing qspi

hello jiangyinghao,

were those all identical Orin platforms? please check your target since you’ve assign board info in the command-line.
how about have device connected, by running this in online mode.
please see-also Topic 229129 for sample command-line to massflash Jetson devices.
thanks

Yes, it is the same orin platform, using the Orin devkit development board.

how about have device connected, and running this in online mode.

OK, let me try. This interruption is accidental. Is it certain that the current version does not support mashflash as described in this topic? We still want to use it offline, thank you!

The following is the above error log, thank you!
flash_1-4.4_0_20220905-210310.log (101.2 KB)

hello jiangyinghao,

it looks like I/O errors. had you format the sd card as ext4 before running this?
are you try to use SD card image to boot-up Orin devkit development board?

Hello, the SD card is not used in the mashflash, and the USB connection is directly used in the machine flushing process. Where is the SD card used? How to use SD card?

hello jiangyinghao,

we have tested this locally,
we’re able to perform initrd_flash on Orin DevKit with ROOTFS_AB enabled.
for example,
$ sudo BOARDID=3701 FAB=500 BOARDSKU=0000 BOARDREV=J.0 ROOTFS_AB=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --no-flash --massflash 1 jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --flash-only --massflash 1

could you please refer to above commands, update the board info accordingly to test again.

besides,
may I know what’s your host environment setups,
please also share the failure rate since you mentioned this happened sometimes,
thanks

Please look at my log file. I think the problem is caused by tar unpacking. Is it possible that the USB is unstable? If the machine fails to be rebooted, it cannot be rebooted even if the USB of the device is re plugged or the host is restarted.

Can you answer the previous questions first?

Does JP5.0.2 support mass flash?

mass flash is supported on JP-5.0.2

hello jiangyinghao,

I’ve check your logs and it looks like I/O errors. what’s your host environment setups?

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what specific settings you mean by the host environment settings. I will encounter this problem in both ubuntu18.04 and ubuntu22
thanks!

Why does the topic say it doesn’t support it? Is there a problem with my understanding?

hello jiangyinghao,

which topic? r35.1 release note it’s talking about massfuse
please refer to our test results in comment #12. we’re able to perform initrd_flash to create massflash blobs for Orin DevKit with ROOTFS_AB enabled.

OK,What’s the problem with the environment?

hello jiangyinghao,

for example, are you using a desktop with native ubuntuOS, or it’s something else?

Yes, it’s a native ubuntuos.

After using your command, I still can’t do it. What’s the reason? Now there is an error. It is difficult to use the massflash to brush again.>