Invalid data in "Linked Programs View"

Hello,

Strangely the linked programs view doesn’t report any data. I have a bunch of 0.00, N/A, failed. Sometimes it reports the number of registers. Is there any constrain to use this feature? Maybe a newer driver? I have 352.21.

Here an extract of the exported CSV.

Pgm Name,Shader Type And Name,Shader Label,Shader Source File,Cycles,Avg Cycles,ALU/TEX Inst Ratio,ALU/TEX Inst Ratio,Regs,LMem (Bytes),Float16,Float32,Slow Float32,Float64,Integer,Slow Integer,Interpolation,Tex,Read Generic,Read Thread Local
,Read GPU Global,Read Attribute,Write Generic,Write Thread Local,Write GPU Global,Write Attribute,Flow Control,NOP
141,FS - 0,,PRG141-FS0.glsl,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,6,0,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.
128,FS - 0,,PRG128-FS0.glsl,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,4,0,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.,Failed.
134,FS - 0,,PRG134-FS0.glsl,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A

Hi gregory38,

That’s weird, I am on Ubuntu 14.04 / 352.21 / GT 630, I can see the values. What’s your GPU/Driver? Can you try to logon as root and retry?

Thanks
An

Hello,

No luck. I’m on Debian 8 Jessie / GTX 760 / 352.21.

OS is 64 bits but the application is 32 bits. I try to run the app with

• the preload LD_PRELOAD=“$HOME/.tgd/libs/libNvidia_gfx_debugger.so”
  • from the gui directly with xhost+ to enable root connection.

Same issue before/after the frame capture. I can access the source code of shader from the API Inspector View/Program. I use the separated program feature.

glCreateShaderProgramv(type, 2, sources)

I try various openGL context option without any success.

• with/without GLX_CONTEXT_CORE_PROFILE_BIT_ARB
  • with/without GLX_CONTEXT_DEBUG_BIT_ARB
  • 3.3 or 4.4 context

I will leave for 3 weeks of vacation but feel free to ask me more test. If it help, you can find my application on my previous thread: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/865250/linux-graphics-debugger/out-of-memory-during-frame-capture-glflushmappedbufferrange-/post/4637384/#4637384

Hum, I installed libcuda 64 bits on my machine and there is a minor progress. I don’t have fail anymore but only N/A and 0.

Edit: I try to install all packages related to the driver. And I upgraded the driver to 352.30 without success.

Hi,

Can you just reinstall the driver, and remember to install the 32bit related drv library files and re-try? Hummm, really weird to me, since your GPU and driver looks OK, and the Linked program view should not show all 0 or N/A.

Thanks
An

Hello,

I reinstall the driver from the Nvidia package (instead of my distribution package). Same issue. I try it on a basic test application 64 bits. So it isn’t a 32/64 bits issue.

Here a screenshot of the issue [url]http://imgur.com/gAEtLjg[/url]
I also added the list of nvidia library installed. It must be complete as I used the .run file. The gui is run as root, and I ssh with root account too.

Thanks

Hi gregory38,

OK, I just check the public release build of Linux Graphics Debugger, seems it has some issue there. The reason I never saw this before are just I use more recent internal builds. I assume next release of Linux Graphics Debug should be fine.

Thanks
An

Hello,

Good news. Do you have any approximative ETA of the next release? A month/couple of months?

Thanks.

Hi gregory38,

I’m not sure, sorry, but you should receive the email notification.

Thanks
An