Investigating alternative platform for existing Raspberry Pi based commercial project. Possible Jetson candidates?

Apologies if this is not the right place for this post. However, as the other forums are segregated by product type and my query is about which product to choose, I wasn’t sure which other forum to post it in.

I have a commercial offering based on the Raspberry Pi and am investigating other SBC platforms I could potentially use to implement that offering. The current implementation is as follows:

1. USB3 camera via V4L2 in the following formats with on-the-fly transcode to H.264 in live broadcast situations:
  • YUYV: 1080p@30fps, 540p@240fps, 720p@120fps
  • UYVY: 1080p@30fps, 540p@240fps, 720p@120fps
  • MJPG: 1080p@30fps, 720p@45fps
  • GREY: 540p@240fps
    Plus:
  • Maximum input-to-ouput encoding pipeline delay of one frame.
  • Bind SPS/PPS to each I-frame NAL.
  • Embed framerate information within SPS/PPS NALs.
  1. Audio input via 3.5mm stereo or RCA
  • 48Khz sampling, 16bit/sample via ALSA.
  1. Wireless Networking
  • Both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz support. Country support includes Japan.
  • Both client access mode (wpa_supplicant) and access point mode (hostapd)
  1. Mobility
  • 3 hours continuous operation (capture) from a 3350mAh (2.1A max output at 5.1V) battery.
  1. System architecture
  • C based with fully native library support.
  • No external scripts, no external processes with interprocess communication, etc. are invoked.

I would be grateful if somebody could advise me as to which Jetson model (if any) would likely be the best candidate for meeting my current requirements. The requirements can be considered a minimum although better performance would be welcome. Additionally, if a Jetson by itself cannot meet the requirements but a Jetson in combination with a peripheral can, I would be grateful if you could mention the Jetson/peripheral combination.

Naturally, if there are several models that could meet these requirements, I would be grateful if you could let me know the most cost effective option.

Thanks in advance.

Please check Jetson Modules | NVIDIA Developer

Hi,
For further suggestion about system design. You may also check with our partners:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/ecosystem

One concern in you ruse-case is to do 540p@240fps streaming. We don’t verify the high-frame-rate case in default release. It is possible the target frame rate is not achieved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.