IOAPI 3.1 Compilation Fail

I am currently trying to install MEGAN 2.1 on LINUX Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and currently at the stage where I need to compile IOAPI 3.1. I have been facing the same error over and over again while compiling IOAPI 3.1.

Here’s what I got after executing the “Make” command:

Makefile:194: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/'
Makefile:191: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/'
Makefile:197: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/'
Makefile:194: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/'
(cd /home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/ioapi   ; make fixed_src)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/ioapi'
Makefile:83: /home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/ioapi/Makeinclude.: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/ioapi/Makeinclude.'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jane/WRF/megan/ioapi-3.1/ioapi'
make: *** [fix] Error 2

Did anyone else encounter this error while compiling? It might be due to some directory linking problems within the

Many thanks in advance.

J.

Hi J,

I’ve asked around, but no one here has built this package before. Though the error, “Makeinclude.: No such file or directory”, seems to be a problem with the package or your configuration. You may want to contact the authors of IOAPI and see if they have any insights.

Also, did you follow the installation instructions (See: http://www.baronams.com/products/ioapi/AVAIL.html#build), in particular item #4?

• Mat