IOTEDGE_AUTHSCHEME not set error running deepstream-test5-app

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Xavier NX
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• Issue Type (questions, new requirements, bugs)

I am trying to change the gst-nvmsgconv payload json output so I modified the code in ds_meta.cpp. I noticed that the changes were not reflected even after following the README instructions.

1. I suspect it’s because I’m currently I’m running deepstream through a docker container with official deepstream-l4t:iot docker image, do I have to build a custom image if I want to see the change being reflected?

2. I tried to run deepstream-test-app-5 locally instead using the following command
    ./deepstream-test5-app -c configs/test5_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt

However I’m encountering this error

Error: Time:Fri Jun 10 16:10:16 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core_ll.c Func:retrieve_edge_environment_variabes Line:177 Environment IOTEDGE_AUTHSCHEME not set
Error: Time:Fri Jun 10 16:10:16 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core_ll.c Func:IoTHubClientCore_LL_CreateFromEnvironment Line:1186 retrieve_edge_environment_variabes failed
Error: Time:Fri Jun 10 16:10:16 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core.c Func:create_iothub_instance Line:924 Failure creating iothub handle
ERROR: iotHubModuleClientHandle is NULL! connect failed
** ERROR: main:1455: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting
ERROR from sink_sub_bin_sink2: Could not configure supporting library.
Debug info: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/deepstream/sdk/src/gst-plugins/gst-nvmsgbroker/gstnvmsgbroker.cpp(402): legacy_gst_nvmsgbroker_start (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:sink_sub_bin2/GstNvMsgBroker:sink_sub_bin_sink2:
unable to connect to broker library
ERROR from sink_sub_bin_sink2: GStreamer error: state change failed and some element failed to post a proper error message with the reason for the failure.
Debug info: gstbasesink.c(5265): gst_base_sink_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:sink_sub_bin2/GstNvMsgBroker:sink_sub_bin_sink2:
Failed to start

Is there something wrong with my configuration?

[sink1]
enable=1
#Type - 1=FakeSink 2=EglSink 3=File 4=UDPSink 5=nvoverlaysink 6=MsgConvBroker
type=6
msg-conv-config=dstest5_msgconv_sample_config.txt
#(0): PAYLOAD_DEEPSTREAM - Deepstream schema payload
#(1): PAYLOAD_DEEPSTREAM_MINIMAL - Deepstream schema payload minimal
#(256): PAYLOAD_RESERVED - Reserved type
#(257): PAYLOAD_CUSTOM - Custom schema payload
msg-conv-payload-type=1
#(0): Create payload using NvdsEventMsgMeta
#(1): New Api to create payload using NvDsFrameMeta
msg-conv-msg2p-new-api=0
#Frame interval at which payload is generated
msg-conv-frame-interval=30
msg-broker-proto-lib=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/lib/libnvds_azure_edge_proto.so
msg-broker-conn-str=[my azure iot edge device key is here]
topic=my_topic
#Optional:
#msg-broker-config=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/sources/libs/kafka_protocol_adaptor/cfg_kafka.txt
#new-api=0
#(0) Use message adapter library api’s
#(1) Use new msgbroker library api’s

I am trying to change the gst-nvmsgconv payload json output so I modified the code in ds_meta.cpp. I noticed that the changes were not reflected even after following the README instructions.

1. I suspect it’s because I’m currently I’m running deepstream through a docker container with official deepstream-l4t:iot docker image, do I have to build a custom image if I want to see the change being reflected?

Did you reorganize files under sources/libs/nvmsgconv/ ? i can not find the file ds_meta.cpp you mentioned, whatever changed, you need to copy the rebuilt library under lib directory.

Error: Time:Fri Jun 10 16:10:16 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core.c Func:create_iothub_instance Line:924 Failure creating iothub handle
ERROR: iotHubModuleClientHandle is NULL! connect failed

For module client case, you can not directly run from local. please follow Gst-nvmsgbroker — DeepStream 6.3 Release documentation to setup environments for module client.

My mistake, the ds_meta.cpp file should be under /libs/nvmsgconv/deepstream_schema. I did rebuild the library with “make” command and “make install” which should’ve moved my rebuilt library to lib directory. I made another thread with more details about the issue.

I see, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.