IPC camera preview: latency is getting higher and higher over time

I am using the following environment
Device: Jetson NX
JetPack: 4.6
OpenCV: 4.1.1
GStreamer: 1.14.5
CUDA: 10.2.300

Problem:
I am using GStreamer pipelines to connect to three rtsp camera source and one hdmi camera, push, pull and record them (H264, 1080p30). There are totally 5 nvv4l2h264enc plugins and 7 nvv4l2decoder plugins in these pipelins. The problem is that the ipc camera’s latency is getting higher and higher over time. When removed one encoder/decoder plugin(now 4 nvv4l2h264enc and 7 nvv4l2decoder), the problem disappeared.
So if hardware codec reaches performance bottleneck, or I can do something to improve the performance.
Any help to improve this would be appreciated.

Hi,
Please execute the steps and check if it helps:

1. Run sudo nvpmodel -m 0 and sudo jetson_clocks to run system at maximum performance
  2. There are property to enable decoder and encoder in maximum performance mode, please also set the property
  3. Run VIC at maximum clock:
    Nvvideoconvert issue, nvvideoconvert in DS4 is better than Ds5? - #3 by DaneLLL

And not sure what sunk plugin you use in the gstreamer pipeline, but please set sync=false to the plugin and try. It is to disable synchronization mechanism in gstreamer frameworks.

HI,
I found the problem is caused because I record the mp4 file with 4k, h264p30.

Thanks for your advice !

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.