Is it possible to obtain pitch memory layout buffers from nvarguscamerasrc or libargus?

Hi all,

Is it possible to obtain pitch memory layout buffers from nvarguscamerasrc or libargus?

I know that nvarguscamerasrc GStreamer plugin provides NV12 NVMM buffers. After a deeper inspection, I figured out that does buffers are in blocklinear memory layout.

I have found that nvvidconv GStreamer element has a particular property to force the NV12 NVMM output buffers to be in pitch or blocklinear memory layout. Below is the extracted property information from gst-inspect-1.0 nvvidconv command:

bl-output           : Blocklinear output, applicable only for memory:NVMM NV12 format output buffer
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Boolean. Default: true

This property by default is true, so it forces the blocklinear memory layout on NVMM NV12 output buffers case.

I want to take out pitch memory layout NVMM NV12 buffers directly from nvarguscamerasrc GStreamer plugin or libargus API. Is there a way to achieve that in a similar way as nvvidconv element does?

I am working on a custom GStremaer element that is capable to consume NV12 NVMM buffers, but currently it only works if the incoming buffers came from the nvvidconv with the bl-output set to false (forced pitch memory layout). I want to get rid off the nvvidconv element from the middle to increase my performance specs.

I am using theJetson Xavier platform with JP4.4.1 L4T 32.4.4.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,
-Daniel

The multimedia API sample code cudaBayerDemosaic looks like configure as pitch.

Hi @ShaneCCC.

Thanks for your answer. I will review the multimedia API cudaBayerDemosaic sample code.

Could NVIDIA provide a modified nvarguscamerasrc binary that exposes the same following nvvidconv property?

bl-output           : Blocklinear output, applicable only for memory:NVMM NV12 format output buffer

Best regards,
-Daniel

nvvidconv is not include in the nvarguscamerasrc.

It will be great and very useful if for the next JP release NVIDIA extends the nvarguscamerasrc GStreamer plugin with a similar property like this:

Best regards,
-Daniel

J4.5 have release the source of the nvarguscamerasrc, I think you can integrate it for your case.