is it possible to open TX2 on-board camera using nvgstcapture-1.0 on Nsight Eclipse Edition ?

Hello everybody,
I’m using Nsight and I’m trying to open TX2 on-board camera.
If I use the code (part of code) posted below I can open the camera with no problems, but I would like to use nvgstcapture-1.0 and not nvcamerasrc. How can I change the code so I can do it?

template <typename T>
std::string to_string(T value)
{
	std::ostringstream os ;
	os << value ;
	return os.str() ;
}

std::string get_tegra_pipeline(int width, int height, int fps) {
    return "nvcamerasrc ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)" + to_string(width) + ", height=(int)" +
    		to_string(height) + ", format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)" + to_string(fps) +
    		"/1 ! nvvidconv flip-method=4 ! video/x-raw, format=(string)BGRx ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=(string)BGR ! appsink";

}

int main() {
    // Options

int WIDTH = 640;
	int HEIGHT = 480;
	int FPS = 60;

// Define the gstream pipeline
    std::string pipeline = get_tegra_pipeline(WIDTH, HEIGHT, FPS);
    std::cout << "Using pipeline: \n\t" << pipeline << "\n";

// Create OpenCV capture object, ensure it works.
    cv::VideoCapture cap(pipeline, cv::CAP_GSTREAMER);

Hi,

nvgstcapture-1.0 is not a gstreamer sink element but an app so you cannot directly use it through openCV.

Hi Wayne,
Thanks you for answered.
I would like to change the properties of Jetson tx2 embedded camera when cpp code it is running and
I thought I could use nvgstcapture-1.0 to set some video properties but isn’t possible.

Do you have any idea how to set custom properties using nvcamerasrc or others while cpp code is running?

Best,
Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Sorry for the late reply.

Could you share which property you want to modify?
Is it some ISP related properties?

Thanks.