Is it possible to send metadata with nvmsgbroker via gst-launch?

Hi there

I tried deepstream-test4 and it’s working great, with AMQP messages.

Then when I read nvmsgconv docs it says that it takes the metadata, applies the schema, and genereate the messages, for nvmsgbroker.

My pipeline is sort of:

! nv.sink_01 nvstreammux name=nv width=1280 height=720 batch-size=1 batched-push-timeout=4000000 live-source=true\
                       ! queue ! nvvideoconvert\
                       ! nvinfer config-file-path=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0/sources/objectDetector_Yolo/config_infer_primary_yoloV3.txt batch-size=1 unique-id=1\
                       ! nvvideoconvert ! nvdsosd ! tee name=deep ! queue ! videoconvert ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink\
                                  deep. ! nvmsgconv config=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-test4/dstest4_msgconv_config.txt payload-type=1\
                                        ! nvmsgbroker proto-lib=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0/lib/libnvds_amqp_proto.so\
                                  config=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-test4/cfg_amqp.txt conn-str="127.0.0.1;5672;guest"\

I’m running it from a v4l2 source, and showing a lot of positive detections of Person and other objects.

It connects to the amqp broker (rabbitmq), but it doesn’t send any message.

So I clearly see that deepstream-test4 uses osd_sink_pad_buffer_probe to get the metadata and manually assembles msgmeta.

Question (1): Is this the only way? Do I have to assemble this pipe programmaticaly and create the msg_meta by hand?

Question (2): More of a suggestion. I think that nvmsgconv should have a “send-it-all” mode in order to transmit all the metadata without the need to program. At least at the testing stage.

thanks a lot

Guillermo

Question (1): YES - it is the only way
Question (2): Send-it-all may be taken up as a future enhancement after discussion with our internal team

Thank you very much for your answer.

The second point would be very useful in early proof of concept stages.

Regards

Any status update for Question 2?

2 Likes