¿Is it possible use MNPA19-XTR card for connect two pc's with windows 8.1 x64 directly for get a 10Gbits link?

Hi,

Sorry about the basic question: ¿Is it possible use MNPA19-XTR card for connect two pc’s with windows 8.1 x64 directly for get a 10Gbits link? I only want share my SSD discs with a fast link interface. ¿what cables and devices are necessaries for do it this? I need 2 cards and 10 meters cable.

Thank you!

Thank you for the answer Erez.

One more thing:

¿is SFP+ cable make it of copper or is an optic cable? I need connect two computers at 10 meters. In the same via than 10Gbps link interface I need put also: USB3s cables, TV/satellite/TDT cables and electric cables (<1000W). Optic cable is a best option? Optic or copper cable is it the same for my needs? What is an transceiver? transceiver is needed for connect an optic cable to this card? transceiver is needed for connect an copper cable to this card? SFP+ can accept optic and copper cable or only optic? is not possible put the cable directly to the card??

Sorry for the basic questions. It’s my first time with infiniband

Thank you!!

Windows 8.1 it may be possible with a specific OFED driver for this distribution such as WinOFED 4.80.

You’ll need a cable that can support 10G Ethernet. see cable matrix here :

Cables - Mellanox Technologies http://www.mellanox.com/page/cables