Is it that gst-dsexample does not support ros subscription?

• deepstream-app version 6.1.0
  • DeepStreamSDK 6.1.0
  • CUDA Driver Version: 11.4
  • CUDA Runtime Version: 11.0
  • TensorRT Version: 8.2
  • cuDNN Version: 8.4
  • libNVWarp360 Version: 2.0.1d3
  • on A6000
    I’m modifying the gst-dsexample plugin and I can currently post cv::mat raw data to ros and it works fine.
    I then analyze the published cv::mat and get the analyzed result data published through ros. At this time, I need gst-dsexample for ros message subscription, but at this time the subscription always appears stuck, is it that gst-dsexample does not support ros subscription?

Could you help to debug the reason of the stuck first? Like is it stuck in DeepStream or ROS? We do not have this adaptation at present. But you can refer to our similar examples.
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_plugin_gst-nvmsgbroker.html

Your case is a plugin for sending messages, is there a plugin for receiving messages?

I solved the problem. The reason was that when I used ros to publish data in another program, I didn’t clear the published data, which caused the subscribed data in deepstream’s pipeline to keep increasing, actually because the published data was also increasing.
The exciting thing is that I can plug in the detection function through ds-example, which is more flexible, and there is not much loss of real time, and then slightly optimize the cache queue later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.