Is 'qmlglsink' available on Jetson TX1?

Hi all,

we are testing a Qt Quick Scene with some GStreamer streams. It runs fine on a Host Machine. As sink we are using a ‘qmlglsink’. If we try to run it on the Jetson, we get an error:

GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:457:gst_element_factory_make: no such element factory “qmlglsink”

The packages for plugins-good and plugins-bad are installed properly. But the ‘qmlglsink’ isn’t listed when running gst-inspect.

I crawled a bit through the packages and it seems as this simply isn’t listed there.
From the versioning it should be included in the plugins-bad package at least.

Gst-Launch --version is showing GStreamer-Version 1.8.3.

On this page: Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plugins 1.8.3 "" it seems as the qmlglsink should be included in plugins-bad at least with this version.

Our system is:
Linux JetsonTX1 4.4.38-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 1 20:44:58 PST 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I also tried updating the packages and upgrading the plugins-good and -bad, but without success.

Does anyone have some insights here? Maybe the qmlglsink is left out for some reason on the ‘Nvidia’-Ubuntu? Or there is some other version / package mismatch?

Thanks,
Bodo

Hi,
Please check if below post helps:
[url]http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/qmlglsink-plugin-installation-problem-td4679619.html[/url]

Hi,

thank you. This actually helped, kind of.

I downloaded the gst-plugins-bad (1.8.3) vom github. It took a bit to get the qt module configured.
Then I compiled it on the Jetson and set the proper GST plugin path.
The missing factory problem is actually gone.

The app does start up, but is not showing any stream content, because of another problem:

ERROR             qtglwidget qtitem.cc:308:qt_item_init_winsys: 0x77f460 failed to retrieve wrapped context (NULL)
WARN                  qtsink gstqtsink.cc:325:gst_qt_sink_change_state:<sink> error: Could not initialize window system
INFO        GST_ERROR_SYSTEM gstelement.c:1879:gst_element_message_full:<sink> posting message: Could not initialize window system
INFO        GST_ERROR_SYSTEM gstelement.c:1902:gst_element_message_full:<sink> posted error message: Could not initialize window system

So maybe I made myself a version mismatch now or some EGL automatism is causing troubles here. I’ll have to investigate into this.

Best,
Bodo