Is the Geforce RTX 3090 Cuda 12 Compatible?

Hi,
We’re using a single GeForce RTX 3090 with driver version 470.141.03 and CUDA Version: 11.4 on Ubuntu 20.04.
This setup is working with pytorch 1.13.1.
Now we want to upgrade the system, which was basically not touched for a year due to the impression that anything regarding NVIDIA-drivers and Pytorch versions is quite finicky.
A simple Question: Can we upgrade to CUDA 12 or should we maybe upgrade to CUDA 11.8?
Some sources (not necessarily from NVIDIA) make it sound like choosing a CUDA-version is an architecture-based decision but the documentation here: 1. CUDA 12.3 Update 1 Release Notes — Release Notes 12.3 documentation
leads me to think that it’s a driver-based decision,
The latest driver for our GPU is 535.129.03 (correct?). Since that driver is compatible with CUDA 12.3.x (correct?), we’d be able to use CUDA 12.3.
Am I right in that assumption or am I missing something? I’d really like to not end up with a broken system.

Kind Regards

Correct.

Edit: there are exceptions from this rule but only for deprecated gpu architectures. Turing is far away from being deprecated.

Thanks!
But just to be clear, the GeForce RTX 3090 is an Ampere card, isn’t it?

Yes, of course, my mistake.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.