Is there a way to get sensing data (load/unload, battery) in isaac sim environment?

Hello! I’m working on a scenario using Isaac sim, and I have a 2 question about how to get sensing data(load/unload, battery).

1. How to calculate the load of the transporter
  • It is known that properties can be published using ROS in the isaac sim API or ground truths related to properties can be obtained on the code. In this regard, I would like to know if the “load value” can be published directly in a simulation environment rather than a sensor, or if there is a demo code that calculates the load value. (A code that calculates only the weight of objects on a particular robot)
    그림1
  1. How to find out the robot’s battery value
  • I wanted to use battery value of the robots that exist in the simulation. So I looked it up and found that there was a battery-related communication file as a Battery.msg file in the “isaac_sim-2022.1.0/exts/omni.isaac.ros_bridge/noetic/share/sensor_msgs/msg”, but it seems that the message type is not used anywhere. So, I want to know if there is a code or function to publish ROS values related to the battery of the robot using the Battery.msg file. OR, Is there a way to know the battery in the API even if I don’t use the Battery.msg file?

Hello @wjdgus21

1. You could try adding a force sensor to the robot. See explanation here.

2. We do not provide any battery simulation code but you could try writing your own extension or OmniGraph node and use rospy to publish a battery message. We will look into adding a battery simulation sample in the future.

BatteryState.msg is included as part of the ROS Noetic build that the Isaac Sim ROS Bridge uses internally. If you are writing your own extension or OmniGraph node, you can directly import rospy and BatteryState modules.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your answer!
By the way, I was working on using the 2021 version of Isaac sim, so could you tell me how I can see the 2021 version of Isaac sim tutorial??