Is there any hardware acceleration which supports image transformation: such as image rectification, YUV to RGB, image resize on XAVIER platform?

Is there any hardware acceleration which supports image transformation: such as image rectification, YUV to RGB, image resize on XAVIER platform ?
If YES, Please give us some SPEC.
Thanks very much!

Hi,
You can leverage nvvidconv plugin. Please look at developer guide.

You can also use NvBuffer APIs. Please refer to
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-multimedia-archived/l4t-multimedia-3231/index.html

1 Like

Thanks for your help!
I found this link: “https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-multimedia-archived/l4t-multimedia-3231/nvvid_scal_col_group.html”, is “07_video_convert” will use hardware acceleration instead of GPU/CPU resource?

Hi,
You may also use NvBufferTransform(), which is a straightforward API.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1. Yes, I can use NvBufferTransform() to do image scaling. Is there any simple code-example for this API?
  2. Is there any straightforward API that can do YUV422 to RGB(8-8-8)?
  3. I found that NvBuffer has no type RGB24, is that correct?

Hi,

After installation through SDKManager, you may check samples in

/usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/samples

No. Only 32-bit RGBA and BGRx formats are supported.

Yes, this is correct. RGB24 is not supported. It is limitation of hardware engine.

Thanks for your reply!
We found that there is NvMedia API for Video Interface Compositor(VIC) on Drive-Xavier.
Does Jeston-Xavier has the same API?
If YES, where is this API?
Thanks!

Hi,
On Jetson platforms, NvBufferTransform() is the API which uses hardware VIC engine.

Thx for your time, DaneLLL! What you guys are doing here is amazing, keep sharing your knowledge and experiences with people.
We want to do “Fisheye Camera Calibration” which also called “Lens Distortion Correction” , which VIC engine API can be used for this feature ?

Hi,

The hardware engine does not support it. We don’t have the APIs supported in L4T releases. We have a GPU-based implementation. Please install DeepStream SDK through SDKManager and check

deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson\sources\apps\sample_apps\deepstream-dewarper-test

Thx for your time, DaneLLL!
It seems that the drive xavier platform sdk’s VIC has this feature, Is that right?
If yes, Why the Jetson xavier platforms sdk’s VIC doesn’t have?

Hi,

Please share which API you use in drive platform. Would like to confirm the low-level engine is GPU or VIC.

I got this info from Drive Xavier platform:

The NvMedia Image LDC sample application, nvmimg_ldc, demonstrates how to use the NvMedia Lens Distortion Correction (LDC) APIs to perform Geometric Transformation (GEOTRANS) and Temporal Noise Reduction (TNR). The sample uses the NVIDIA® VIC hardware engine.

Examples
These examples demonstrate how to call nvimg_ldc to perform various operations.
To correct fisheye distortion using parameterized cameral model
•Enter the command:
$ nvmimg_ldc -cf ldc_GeoTrans.conf -v 3

Geometric transformation is done according to the parameters specified in the configuration file.
To correct fisheye distortion using a user-provided sparse warp map
•Enter the command:
$ nvmimg_ldc -cf ldc_GeoTransFeedMap.conf -v 3

Geometric transformation is done according to the parameters specified in the configuration file.

Hi,
We have checked and the APIs are only supported on Drive Xavier platforms. I have corrected the previous comment